Vermont Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
Recipes from Ginette
with Apple Cider Sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. applesauce (preferably homemade)
Combine all ingredients, then cook on a pre-heated griddle @ 360 degrees F. Serve with cascading Apple Cider Sauce. Makes 8 pancakes.
Apple Cider Sauce
1 c. pure apple cider
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
2 tbsp. Butter
Mix all the ingredients, except for butter, in a saucepan over moderate heat until mixture thickens. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in melted butter. Serve sauce over hot pancakes and enjoy!
Maple Oatmeal Muffins
2c. unbleached all purpose flour
1 c. quick-cooking oats
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. low-fat buttermilk*
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 large egg or 1/4 c. egg substitute
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line 12 - 1/3 cup size muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl and stir to blend.
- Whisk buttermilk, applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla in medium size bowl until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just enough to mix (do not over-mix).
- Divide batter equally among muffin cups (batter will reach top of cups).
- Bake until muffin tops are golden brown and tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, approximately 28 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and let cool.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Analysis per serving:
*Can't find buttermilk? Stir 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice into 1 cup of milk.
Rosebelle's Victorian Inn
Where Memorable Experiences Begin
Brandon, Vermont 05733
© Rosebelle's/Norm and Ginette Milot, All Rights Reserved